Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Busy Weekend...

Yesterday we went to the Baltic, a centre for contemporary art at the Quayside to see the Beryl Cook exhibition. The other exhibits were just so off the scale that I would go as far as saying they were appalling and the 'artists' and I call them that loosely must surely need some sort of mental health intervention. Anyway, we enjoyed the Beryl Cook stuff and it meant that I actually left my workbench for a couple of hours!





Last night I had a break too and watched Dante's Peak for about the 40th time - I love love love disaster movies and anything with erupting volcanoes gets my vote any time.


Today I made another Bella card and then some stuff that I can't share because it's for a secret assignment that came out of the blue and made my Friday night! I've had good news in another direction too but that's staying secret for a little while too. Even more good news is the Design Team gallery is up at A Trip Down Memory Lane and I was asked to be guest designer again this month.



I spent the early afternoon at the local hospital walk in unit with my poorly Mommy who has damaged the muscles in her shoulder and came home with a sling, hopefully the pain should ease soon and she is being waited on superbly by yours truly and I even took over chef duties for tea tonight!!


I was on my way to bed but then I started blog hopping and then of course I decided to make another card so this one is for the challenge at DCM:


This week I want you to make a card for any occasion but it must include a photograph somewhere! The photo subject can be people, items, locations, flowers, absolutely anything so get snapping.


I had a quick look in my work in progress drawer and found some photographs from when I went to the RHS garden in Harrogate at half term, used pink petticoat patterned paper, a label holder cut with my sizzix and some ribbon. I had to take the photograph indorrs as it is now 12:20 and obviously very dark outside!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oooh what a lovely photo!
I really like how you've framed it with the funky B&W strips. Looks fab.

Hope your mum is feeling better soon.
Oh and I love your description of some of the "artists" at the Baltic btw! gave me a Monday Morning Chuckle - which is always a good thing!

Rika said...

Beautiful, I really love this!

Sheila said...

Gorgeous card.

Anice said...

I live in Newcastle so when my parents came up to visit me a while back I took them to the Baltic. My Dad is not one to say things quietly..he hated pretty much all the art in there and everyone knew about it, he kept asking me why I was paying my council tax for it to be used for 'c**p like this' Highly entertaining!! Love your card by the way!!!

Debbie said...

fab photos andrea!! Love your cards!