Friday, April 15, 2011

Craft Room Project ...

Today I want to share this project I made for my new craft room. I've seen a few of these dry wipe boards around the blogs I visit but my inspiration came from here and here.  I've used a shadowbox from IKEA for my frame and I plan to collect a few shells to add to the bottom next time I go to the seaside.


I created the background using this digital kit from Sweet Shoppe Designs


I curled the tops of the waves ...


... and added extra dimension to the sails


I used some scrunched seambinding to create the sea


I added flags to bakers twine


... and used more of the seam binding to wrap around the shadowbox insert


I reassembled the frame and added the 'today' letters to the front of the glass



 ... and then my frame was all ready to use as a 'things I need to do today' dry wipe board. Just write the list of things to remember with a dry wipe pen and you can easily rub it off when you've done them :)

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE it Andrea!!! (=

Brodders said...

Love it Andrea. I think I need one x

Ribbon Girl said...

I love it too Andrea, especially the sails on the boat! Mam x

Anonymous said...

Oooh that is gorgeous Andrea - it's going to look fab in its new home! :D

Effie said...

Fabulous........a cottage project perhaps?

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Andrea.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue Jones said...

Fab Idea Love it!

Lynne said...

This is fabulous. Love it and need one! Lynne x

Tinkertaylor said...

Absolutely fab but I want more info on the new craftroom please

Brodders said...

definatelya cottage project :)

Kamilicrafts said...

Gorgeous Andrea! x

Jenn said...

This is the cutest thing ever! Love all the details!